Congolese officials say a second Ebola case confirmed the case in Goma city dies

Congolese officials say a second Ebola case confirmed the case in Goma city dies
The Congolese authorities said a man who had been holding a second Ebola case in Goma had died on Wednesday from the second outbreak in history.

There was no connection between the man's case and his predecessor in Goma about three weeks ago, said Jean-Jacques Muyembe, the Ebola response coordinator, on Tuesday when the diagnosis was confirmed.
The man arrived on July 13 from an archaeological site in the eastern part of the Congo of Ituri and began to show symptoms on July 22. He died at the Ebola medical center in Goma, more than 300 miles from Ituri.

Goma, a city of over 2 million people, is located on the Congo-Rwanda border and has an international airport. For months health officials feared that the Ebola case would be confirmed there. Just days after the first Goma case was announced, the World Health Organization announced the Ebola outbreak a rare global emergency.

Health experts are investigating when and where the person was recently diagnosed, Dr. Michael Ryan, executive director of the WHO's emergency medical agency, told reporters during a telephone conference from Geneva on Wednesday. Before he showed any serious symptoms, he was traveling through areas in the main explosion area.

Post a Comment

0 Comments